Mutant Hunt (Blu-ray w/ slipcover)
In the near future of 1992, robots have become a facet of everyday life. Dr. Z, the diabolical head of one of the country's top robotics firms, has developed a solution named "Euphoron" which, when injected into his cyborgs, transforms them from man's servant into impossibly strong and powerful killing machines in an attempt by Dr. Z to take absolute power. Realizing the implications of Z's actions, chief robotics engineer Paul Haynes attempts to stop the robot takeover, only to be kidnapped along with his sister, Darla. After achieving a dangerous escape, Darla then enlists the help of tough-as-grit bounty hunter Matt Riker and the two begin a quest to destroy the murderous machines.
The first in a series of bonkers direct-to-video genre films directed by Tim Kincaid (Breeders, Robot Holocaust) for producer Charles Band's Empire Pictures, Mutant Hunt is set in a grimy, neo-apocalypse vision of New York City where robots, mutants, and oppressive government control clash with new wave fashion and sci-fi infused action. Starring Rick Gianasi (Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.), Ron Reynaldi (Spike of Bensonhurst), and Adriane Lee (Slammer Girls), Vinegar Syndrome brings this classic slice of 80s video store weirdness to Blu-ray, newly restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative.
directed by: Tim Kincaid
starring: Rick Gianasi, Mary Fahey, Ron Reynaldi, Adriane Lee
1987 / 77 min / 1.33:1 / English Mono
- Region A Blu-ray
- Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
- Commentary track with Film Historian Elizabeth Purchell
- "Mutant Maker" (18 min) - an interview with special makeup effects artist Ed French
- "If You Want Me To Box With A Kangaroo..." (56 min) - an interview with actor Dr. J. Buzz Von Ornsteiner
- "Long Arm of the Hunt" (24 min) - an interview with actor Mark Legan
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles