Passing Strangers & Forbidden Letters: Two Films By Arthur J. Bressan Jr. (Blu-ray w/ slipcover)
No other filmmaker better embodied the spirit of the gay liberation movement than Arthur J. Bressan, Jr. (Buddies, Gay USA). A true pioneer of queer cinema, his films fearlessly blurred the boundaries between the artistic, the erotic, and the cinematic — and never so clearly as with his first two narrative films, the critically-acclaimed Passing Strangers and Forbidden Letters. Altered Innocence and the Bressan Project are proud to present these two landmarks of early queer cinema, newly restored in 2K from their original film elements and with a host of new bonus features.
directed by: Arthur J. Bressan Jr.
starring: Robert Adams, Robert Carnagey, Richard Locke, Victoria Young
1974, 1979 / 154 min (combined) / 1.33:1 / English 2.0 DTS HD-MA
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Audio commentary on Passing Strangers by Elizabeth Purchell, K.J. Shepherd, and Tyler Thomas of Ask Any Buddy
- Audio Commentary on Forbidden Letters by queer trans film critic Caden Mark Gardner and Elizabeth Purchell of Ask Any Buddy
- On-Stage Q&A with star Robert Adams and queer film historian Jenni Olson at the San Francisco PornFilmFestival
- Five early Super 8 shorts by Arthur J. Bressan, Jr. (New HD Restorations)
- Print materials & original photos gallery
- Original theatrical trailers for both films (New 2K Restorations)
- Double bill trailer
- Other trailers
- 20-page booklet with writing by Arthur J. Bressan, Jr. and an essay by Caden Mark Gardner
- English SDH subtitles