Suspiria (3 disc Blu-ray/CD Steelbook w/ slipcover)
Dario Argento's masterpiece of horror comes to home video from Synapse Films in an exclusive new 4K restoration from the original uncut, uncensored 35mm Italian camera negative and with the original 4.0 English surround sound, for the first time EVER! Painstakingly restored over the past three years, Synapse Films has created the ultimate special edition of SUSPIRIA with the supervision and approval of the film s Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli, and loaded with a separate Blu-ray disc of amazing extras! SUSPIRIA is presented in its original glory for its 40th Anniversary!
- Three disc (Two Blu-rays + One CD) limited collector s edition containing a new 4K restoration of the original uncut, uncensored Italian 35mm camera negative exclusively done by Synapse Films, with color correction supervised and approved by SUSPIRIA Director of Photography, Luciano TovoliExclusive.
- Steelbook packaging and collector's o-card sleeve, featuring artwork from Malleus, Van Orton Design, Juan José Saldarriaga & Chris MacGibbon.
- Original 4.0 1977 English language LCRS sound mix not heard since the theatrical release in 1977, presented in high-resolution DTS-HD MA 96 Khzቴ-bit audio.
- Italian 5.1 surround sound mix.
- Two audio commentaries by authors and Argento scholars, Derek Botelho, David Del Valle & Troy Howarth.
- Do You Know Anything About Witches? - 30 minute SUSPIRIA visual essay written, edited and narrated by Michael Mackenzie.
- Suzy in Nazi Germany Featurette on the German locations from SUSPIRIA.
- A Sigh from the Depths: 40 Years of SUSPIRIA All-new anniversary retrospective on the making of the film and its influence on cinema.
- Olga s Story Interview with star Barbara Magnolfi.
- Original theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots.
- Special Collector Edition Booklet containing an American Cinematographer interview with Luciano Tovoli, liner notes by Derek Botelho and restoration notes by Vincent Pereira & Don May, Jr. Cover artwork by Matthew Therrien Illustration.
- "International Classics" English "Breathing Letters" opening credit sequence from U.S. release version.
- Alternate All-English opening and closing credits sequences, playable via seamless branching.
- Newly translated, removable English SDH subtitles for the English language version.
- Newly translated, removable English subtitles for the Italian language version.
- Exclusive CD remaster of Goblin s SUSPIRIA motion picture soundtrack, containing additional tracks not included on the original 1977 soundtrack release.
Thunderstorms and extraordinarily grotesque murders pile up as Argento happily abandons plot mechanics to provide a bravura display of his technical skill. With his sharp eye for the bizarre and for vulgar over-decoration, it's always fascinating to watch; the thrills and spills are so classy and fast that the movie becomes in effect what horror movies seemed like when you were too young to get in to see them. Don't think, just panic. --Scott Meek, Time Out London
SUSPIRIA is not just AN Italian horror movie - it is THE Italian horror movie... It is the greatest triumph of a very specific branch of filmmaking, and deserving of a reputation even more grandiose than the one it enjoys. This isn't just a good, unnatural horror movie, it is one of the great works of cinema. --Tim Brayton, Alternate Ending
Dario Argento's SUSPIRIA is easily one of the greatest horror movies ever made. It s one of the very few horror movies I can call perfect, and I rarely ever do that... Dario Argento sneaks in such a simplistic premise under such a wonderful and masterful production that combines direction and a brilliant score for one hell of a nightmarish punch... SUSPIRIA is a masterpiece that should be viewed by movie buffs, and film students alike. It s an absolute standard of the genre. --Felix Vasquez, Cinema Crazed